Meditation is a very scientific step by step process, if it is done with proper guidance and awareness, can bring magical transformations in our life. Meditation without guidance will not be much fruitful, so here we are sharing 10 very important steps in meditation for beginners.
1. Try to find time in the morning between 4 to 6 am when atmosphere is charged with special spiritual force.
2. Try to have a separate place or room for meditation.
3. Face north or east to take advantage of favourable magnetic vibrations.
4. Sit in a steady and comfortable posture with spine and neck erect but not tense.
5. Command the mind to be quiet. Forget past, present and future. Just bring all awareness on breath.
6. Do 5 minutes of abdominal breathing (yogic breathing) and then bring it to normal breathing.
7. Now while keeping the breathing rhythmic, inhale for 3 seconds and exhale for 3 seconds.
8. Do not force the mind to be still. If mind is wandering, just disassociate from it and watch it as a spectator. Gradually as breath will settle down, mind will also settle down.
9. Now select a focal point for mind to focus – third eye chakra or heart chakra.
10. Focus on an uplifting symbol or image or a deity or a mantra.
Meditation can change your life, if it is done regularly and with proper guidance. we need to find the right meditation technique which is suited for us.